Nonsensical Bitching

For those who misses JOLENE's endless chattering n rattling, ranting n raving.. For those who misses JOLENE's annoying person so much they wanna cry.. For those who wanna strangle JOLENE for her endless dramatic nonsense yet cant do without her in their lives..

Friday, February 23, 2007

Last full day in Sydney (6th day)

Today is self-exploration day…. Maine had to work so could not take me around.. So I decided to wander about on my own instead..
Where did I go then? Went to Bondi Beach first, followed by into the City…
Got up specially early in the morning n headed down to Bondi Beach on my own..
It was fairly nice n not really that crowded that morning.. But by the time I was leaving, the crowd was comin in..
Well.. If u were to ask me, I don’t see anything interesting or fantastic about Bondi Beach.. I think the beach that I went on the second day – Forgot is it Coogee or Maroubra.. was way nicer..


****** First Beach i went to ******






***** BONDI BEACH *****
***** Stretch of road at Bondi Beach -- Campbell Parade *****

Bondi was alright la.. to me at least… I went into the water only for a while cuz the waves were a bit too big for me… N I was alone so ermm…. I din wanna play about in the water alone..(did I mention tt my legs cramp up a lot in the water? Tts why im more careful when I go to the beach… so no deep water for me..haa)
After sunbathing in bondi for a short while.. The sun was lovely.. BUT I din get much tanner.. Sigh… Think I was not at the beach long enough…
Anyway, after leaving the beach, wanted to go to look for Hall Street to hunt for this Fish & Chips place that was said to be nice.. But could not find it.. In the end, hopped back on the bus back to Bondi Junction n headed back to Maine’s place to shower n change n hurry out again..

Where did I go in the city? I decided to do smth touristy n went to the MUSEUM..
Yesh.. u are allowed to laugh at me.. Now I know all the more WHY I m not a fan of Museum.. Especially Museum that contains history of a country that I have no idea of.. I don’t mind China’s history… But Australia? Ermm….
I only know that Sydney Harbour Bridge was opened in 19th March 1932…Or was it 1923? I THINK.HAHAHAHAHHA… See.. even that, I forgot… sigh… *One eye in the other eye out*
I was in n out of the museum in 45 mins flat.. N that is also cuz I made the effort to read about the governors that were there before…
I sneaked some illegal shots.. Check it out..
Hehehe…

After the Musuem, I headed out to walk about the city.. By then, it was quite late.. Cuz I left for the city quite late.. sighsigh.. So din get to go down Oxford Street/Paddington or the State Library of Sydney… Walked all the way down Pitt street on my wedges.. Think im a bit kookoo for doing that.. Feet started hurtin after walkin for 1hr.. haa..
Went to QVB ( Queen Victoria Building) and TGV (The Galleries Victoria).. N I loved those places.. Guess why?? Cuz they are old colonial buildings, so were very quaint and lovely… I just adore such places la.. haha..

What did I notice about the differences between Sydney & Melbourne in my short stay here??
1 - Cars in Sydney are better maintained than Melbourne’s Cars.. Either it is cuz the pple in Sydney has no water restriction( cuz MEL has..) or the people in Melbourne are just plain dirty fellas..
2 - Taxis here look like police cars.. They are white.. MEL is yellow…
3 - There is no kinokuniya in MEL..( btw, I was so overjoyed at seein kino n seein my fav stuff aka coloured pilot pens n pretty stationery there.. I could not resist getting smth.. hehe)
4 - Buses are the most common n frequently used mode of transport in Sydney.. In Melbourne, Trams are the most common n favourite of most it seems..
5 - Chinatown is definitely larger in Sydney than in Melbourne..
6 - There seem to be MORE dodgy areas in Sydney than in Melbourne
7 - The sun sets about 45mins or so earlier than Melbourne…
8 - Shopping here is not bad.. hahaa… Maybe even better than Melbourne…
9 - Roads in Sydney are not that well-maintained…
Yeap..thats about it... Last night here in Sydney.. sighsigh.. Im so gonna miss alot of stuf n people here...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home