Boxing Day & my 100th entry!!
Just realised that this entry marks the 100th entry i made..
hahahaa....Okie la.. Nothing major or exciting about it...
Well... It has been cold cold cold...
Rainy and wet and cold these few days here...
Today is no difference.. It is actually colder this morning...
Woke up feeling like evrything is just freezing cold...
The plans today was to hit the malls n join the mad shopping crowd in the city..
With Ling, Jomini & Eugene...
On Boxing day, it is when the massive sales starts...
Which last for about the whole week or at least a few days..
EVERYWHERE or at least MOST places are on sale..
It is like the GSS for us.. in a day or a week...
N the crowd is mad.. Honestly mad..
I was in the city at 10plus n it was already swarming with people...
Was in Melbourne Central n it was swarming with people...
Went to Myers (a big department store aka Taka) n it was FLOODED with people..
U'd think the sales were fabulous and things were going for nothing...
Im glad it was a cold day.. If not, it would have been quite terrible to be in the crowd.
I still thought that 10plus was an early time to be out shopping...
It was at first arranged to be at 8plus.. N i was hesistant to go.. hahaa..
N thus my fren-eugene- delayed it to later.. If not, i dun think i'd wake up..
But another fren -ling-.. she is an avid shopper.. I think she can fight with my sister..
Before she met up with us, She dragged her bf up at 6am..
to travel 1/2hr to this HUGE shopping mall - Chadstone..
Arrived there at about 7plus to wait outside Swarozki Crsytals...
N she was sayin there was already a queue there...
HAHAHA....Goodness.. I nvr understand how can anyone ever be that nuts..
But if things are that cheap, as she says... i guess i might end up doing something like that one day.. hahahaa....
But its fairly amazing... Seeing the sales crowd about... N how crazy it can get..
Especially straight after Christmas...
I'd thought most people would be broke after all the christmas shopping..
hahaaa... Guess not...
The cashier n dressing rooms queue were impossible...
Eugene was sayin he gave up on purchasing the stuff n left the cashier queue twice..
haha...
I din buy much... It was too crowded firstly..
N secondly, din see anything that caught my fancy..
Cept for a pair of wedges.. hahaaa....
Which i bought at 1/3 of its original price... *heee...*
It was originally $130... N its suppose to be very comfy n a brand..
Din realise it until after Ling told me...
I kinda like it cuz of the colourful sides.. hahaaa.....
I think im too much of a shoe-fanatic...

Anyway, shoes here are damn exx... I honestly miss shoe shoppin in Spore... My shoes that i buy here.. are Soooo Precious to me... For once, i actually take damn good care of them.. N wipe them after i wear them each time... hahahahaa.....
But buying shoes are like a happy little treat for myself.. hahaa... I get real happy when i find a pair of shoes i like... hehee.... Cuz i dun see nice shoes ard much... All quite ugly in fact.. N expensive...
Anyway, the shopping buzz today was just amazing.. hahaa.. N i hear that it is suppose to be everywhere in all the shoppin malls.. Not just in the city.. Even in the suburbs, it is crazily packed too.... I guess its good exercise after all that christmas food.. haha..
Another thing i discovered today... The cost of parking fees here.. I knew it was expensive.. But never really found out how much... Since i dont drive.. hahaa... Then today, as Eugene was sending me home.. I found out how much it cost.. $8 an hour.. N that is like parking near or in the mall... oooo....... N the max fee u can spend is about $28. N to think that before that, while we were cruising around deciding where to park, n came across a place that cost $13/day.. i thought it was expensive and told him that its up to him where he wanna park but i felt it seemed a bit ex.. HAHAHAHAHAA.... Looking back, i think that was damn cheap.. hahahaa.... *guilty grin* I should have shut up...
Things that i feel are damn expensive here.... as compared to home... are parking fees, shoes, hp bills, eating out, cabs ... That is about it so far...
But then again... Liqour is damn cheap here.. HAHAHAA.... That is for those who are alcoholic..
N another lovely thing is...public transport was free on Christmas Day n New Year's Eve i think.. So, i think it's something Spore public transport commitee (SBS & SMRT) should look into.. hahaa... It would be not only promoting public transport travel on holisday n cuttin the traffic jams on Orchard road but also a goodwill kinda thing.. hahaa.. BUT then again, would Spore ever give things out for free??? Cept during Election period?? hehehee....
Well... i really had a very very lovely week... This Christmas season seemed to be a very lovely one despite being far from home n 'alone' here.. hahaa.... I somehow managed to end up spending it very very happily and nicely... N eating quite a fair bit.. hahahaa....
Hope everyone else had a lovely christmas too!!!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home