Nonsensical Bitching

For those who misses JOLENE's endless chattering n rattling, ranting n raving.. For those who misses JOLENE's annoying person so much they wanna cry.. For those who wanna strangle JOLENE for her endless dramatic nonsense yet cant do without her in their lives..

Tuesday, December 26, 2006

Christmas Day

First time spending Christmas out of Spore… Since I was 12 yrs old I think…
This Christmas has been very pleasant n happie despite me being away from family and being alone in a foreign place.

The weather was freezing cold…

Contrary to many people thinking that we are having a HOT summery Christmas in Melbourne…
We are in fact having a FREEZING cold n wet wintry Christmas this year…
Its real amazing how nuts the weather can be in fact…
But its totally lovely having this cold Christmas when I thought that it’d be a hot n sweaty one..
Was regretting not bringing a thicker coat out with me today as I left the house in the morning… The wind was crazily strong and it was coldd…. But sunny…

On such crazy cold days, I cant wait to be home n tucked in bed or in my room..
On my way back.. it was just crazy..

The strong wind was wrecking my umbrella in all directions…
It rained for 10mins.. stop for 10mins N rain again…
Rainy + cold strong wind = freezing cold…
I was groaning the whole way back as I walked back to my place… Hahahaa…

Had an awesome lunch at my fren’s place…
His mother invited me to stay for lunch…
It was very interesting joining them for Christmas day Lunch…
The spread was lovely… It was simple BUT totally great…
There was Roast Pork, Roast Turkey, Ham, Peas, Oysters & Prawns, Baked Potatoes, Cheese Cauliflowers etc…Pudding & sweets for desserts...
Very very western… But it was probably one of the best spread I’ve had since I came to Australia…

The pudding was interesting n nice... It's an acquired taste is all i have to say..
Very Dense fruit cake.. N i was told, its qutie a tedious process to make this pudding..
U need to make it 3mths b4 Xmas, hang it up to 'ripen' in special clothe.
On Xmas day, u cut it down n place it into boiling water to cook...
Take it outta the boiling water n its ready to be eaten!
Its definitely not easy to make nor cheap...Cuz of the ingredients involved..
N the roast pork was….. BEAUTIFUL!!!! It tasted so totally great…
Better than any pork I have ever tasted…
No words to describe the amazing food.. ahahhaaa!!!
The poor pig that was slaughtered…tsktsk….
N yeah… it was a huge slab of Roast Pork n Turkey…
Yummy yummy….
I think I have never had such a lovely Christmas spread before….
Great experience having Christmas Lunch with them and seeing the kinda food they have..
I think their Christmas is like our Chinese New Year…
Yet filled with more love and care and jolly-ness…
Chinese New Year is too… rigid at times..
I mean, I love the traditions and the festival of course..
But its definitely NOT a time that u feel the warm family love and care on this festival..
Next year’s Christmas is gonna be an awesome one I m sure…
Firstly I will be home in Spore (I think..haha) N there will be a new addition to the family.. *we should start our own family christmas tradition yea?? Hehe..*
**As the family grows bigger in time… We should start our own Christmas celebrations..**

Had Christmas dinner at my distant auntie's place...
After my heavy lunch, i cuold not stomach much food.. so only nibbled a bit and had a steak..
hahaa... N the rest of the time i was nibbling on macademias n chattin with the others...
We made plans to go shoppin on Boxing Day...
N now.. this is another entry.... to be entered later.. hah..

Had a really really nice Christmas away from home this year...
Awfully nice... Might just be one of the better Christmas i'd had in years...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home