Nonsensical Bitching

For those who misses JOLENE's endless chattering n rattling, ranting n raving.. For those who misses JOLENE's annoying person so much they wanna cry.. For those who wanna strangle JOLENE for her endless dramatic nonsense yet cant do without her in their lives..

Sunday, July 09, 2006

LONG WINDY ENTRY....... But its my latest news!!

Okay.. I’ve safely landed in Melbourne…
I do not like to take flights.. Its no fun n its real uncomfortable..
Although I took SQ, which is suppose to be better than most airlines.. It was still uncomfortable.. N can I grumble that the breakfast they served me was so meagre.. sheeshh.. hahahaaa….

Anyway, for those who sent me off at the airport.. U saw my luggage and would understand fully what im saying next.. hahaa…
Well, lets just say I had a VERY HEAVY luggage.
Being alone n lugging abt 10kg in total up the airplane was not a joke.. Besides looking like a ninja turtle, I felt as ‘nimble’ as a ninja turtle.. I was banging my way thru as I walked down the aisle of the plane to my seat.. ;o)
Teeth n legs came in handy to hold everything I had when I had to free my hands to take stuff..

THEN came the ultimate of collecting my luggage from the conveyor belt..
I salute all ladies who went overseas alone with heavy luggage..
Helpless.. is what I felt as I looked at my luggage roll slowly towards me on the belt…
I knew I would not be able to lift it.. It weighed abt 32 kg..
I tried dragging it closer to the edge.. I missed.. Din even pull it more than one inch.. n tried to chase it… And had to keep an eye out for my other hand-carry luggages n laptop etc on the trolley.. Was considering standing there to wait till it was less crowded to attempt to pull my luggage again..
Thankfully… A couple of nice Caucasian men helped me lift it off the belt..
That done, now I could lift it slowly up my trolley..
The customs staff were very nice to help me lift it up n down too when my luggage had to be checked… I declared everything.. Talk abt being sporean n ‘kiasee’..
i think i was so eager to declare that the custom officer checking me, did not really ask me much nor check that thoroughly.. hahahaaa…

One thing I enjoyed most upon my arrival.. is the friendliness from the people here. I like it immensely.. Its so not like spore.. Whereby, people get their job done n get on with their lives.. Full stop.
At the airport, custom staff, security pple, cashiers @ the shops, etc would say hi to you.. Ask after your day and chat while doing their job. N I enjoy this warm and friendly encounters..
Even as I walk along the shops, there are pple who will smile and just casually ask how my day is as I walk along/ stop to look at smth..
OKAY.. IM NOT BEING OVERLY FRIENDLY HERE.. (this is for the benefit of my family.. who may freak out and worry I kena kidnap or smth..) hahaa…
I m just being myself, minus the loud laughing, loud speeches, big actions & bitchiness.. =)
Those who know me well, will know what I mean by.. ‘being myself’..
Heehee…

N did I mention that, saying thank you to bus-drivers has also become smth I do now.. Smth, if we are in spore… If u do that, pple would think u r nuts.. “why so polite..”

Its just my second day… N the only thing I enjoy now is the chilly weather & the friendly warm culture here.. The way you can strike up a conversation here, say hi or even smile at strangers(someone sharing the same seat/bus/etc with u) is nothing that will make pple look at you like you are abt to steal their life-savings from them..

I’m falling in love with this kinda friendly culture.. Something I really really like.

NOW.. on to the miserable part..
I did not cry my eyes out at the airport.. nor on the airplane..
Just had some tears.. weep a bit.. Nothing heart-wrenching..
The heart wrenching tears came.. ermm.. last night.. WAHAHAHA..
I cried for an hr I think… hahahaha….
Having only landed that day, so exhausted and felt so alone back in the hostel.. I became a major cry baby…

It felt very very alone.. My flat is very very very quiet. N I’ve only seen 2-3 of my flat mates.. Mostly guys.. But it was very briefly.. Most of the time, esp at night,, the place is practically empty. If I was to shout, erm… I dunno will I get any response or help..
It’s the holidays now, so everywhere on campus n hostel is quite deserted.
It feels as though, that im all alone in the flat. No one else is around.
Its so quiet.. that if I was to fart too loudly in my room, it probably can be heard in the next room.
THAT kinda silence.. Which is very un-nerving..
Everywhere is silent and I don’t even hear crickets outside(like in spore)..
I will admit that I was darn scared on the first day.. I stay on the second level and its quite dark around the hostel area too.. So walking to my flat and all alone, can be a tad bit daunting now..
Second day… was better. At least I am prepared and know now.. Less daunting n scary..
But still, I get startled by the slightest noise.. So the music on my lappie is on ALL THE TIME.
**I say my most heart-felt thanks to Edward (aka THE PROFESSOR.. ;p) for his help in burning that whole chunk of music for me.. It is helping to keep my mind from wandering.. N the lil joy I get frm listenin to music I like..

The only time I feel safe n not scared is probably when im outside in public with human beings milling around me. Being alone in a foreign place.. is smth that scares me now.

Anyway, ive been learning road names, tram & bus numbers n routes, shop names etc.. So that I wont get lost or be blur abt my surroundings..
N im proud to say that im doing it quite well.. (according to my fren la.. hee..)
The transportation here (those who have been here will know very well.. ) is not as efficient.. U gotta remember the times of the bus so u wont miss it. Remember the time u board etc n wat time u gotta return.. N there r 3 different modes of transport.. N all stop at different places.. Complicated system, from my point of view..
But im getting the hang of it slowly.. =)

Gonna put more photos up soon… I’ve been so disorientated and mentally disorganized since I came.. So have not been taking any pictures.. Too busy recognizing my surroundings and taking in all that I need to know..
Plus im damn tired.. From all the walking and carrying of stuff I bought.
Here, as poor students, we walk.. n walk n walk..
Frm hostel to campus.. Frm hostel to bus stop / tram stations..
Frm shops to bus-stops.. At the same time carrying all the barang-barang we have..
I will have to get used to it soon.. Gonna have better stamina soon.. hahaa..

Okie… tt’s abt it.. For now.. I’ve so much to rattle abt… hahaa….
N I’d like to say my deepest thanks to Florence ( my good fren) for bringing me around and telling me all that I need to know.. Without her help, I think I would be even more alone n helpless.. N I do thank god for that..

N also thanks to lynnie & leong & maine & Jennie… Who called me up when I arrived, to talk to me and find out how I am…
N also those who sms-ed me to ask how I am…
Thanks a great deal for all the concern…
Being so far from home, these gestures of concern helps a lot.. Thou of crse, I cry after that too la… Cuz it feels even more far n alone.. hahahaa….

Enough rattling for the day…
Be going off to phillip island on Monday (10th to !4th Jul).. Hope I wont freeze my butt off there… haahaa….
Those who dunno abt phillip island… go check it out online la.. Then u will knw what im saying next time.. heehee…

By the way, Im cut off from the world cept for my hp..
No internet access from my room till abt 2-3 weeks frm now.
I have to go to the Uni’s library… Which means, will only be online in the day…
At night, is NOT safe to walk abt alone.. Esp when I dunno the place well now.
So those who wanna know how I am… Read the blog.. Wait for me..
OR for those who love & miss me dearly, n wanna knw how I’ve been.. call me.. ahahaa…. ;p

***To be continued… soon…



Okie... This is the Melbourne Library... Looks very bright now.. BUT its in fact almost like 7pm in spore.. N its only 5 pm there.. I m almost freezing my fingers off... Still not used to the cold yet..

Okie.. My bed... This colourful quilt really helps make me happy... The colours brighten up my room n me when i see it... Otherwise, kinda down when i come into the room... n its all brown n more brown... n i dont like such dull colours in my rooms.. I miss my big pink pig at hme... =(

Hope to put more stuff up in time.. like pictures n all that.. to 'jolene-nise' the room a bit more..


Okie... This is me n florence along the Yarra River... This river is like Spore river... Cuts through the city, in a way... Look at me.. I look like a damn blue penguin.. SIgh....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home