Nonsensical Bitching

For those who misses JOLENE's endless chattering n rattling, ranting n raving.. For those who misses JOLENE's annoying person so much they wanna cry.. For those who wanna strangle JOLENE for her endless dramatic nonsense yet cant do without her in their lives..

Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Thinkin about Chinese New Year


Chinese New Year is coming in a month's time...
For once.. I wont be with family... I will be alone far far away...
But at least i will be with one of my closest pal.. Which i guess makes up for it.. =)

Chinese New Year has always been a time since young that has been BIG n important in my family... New clothes, spring cleaning, lots of food n goodies, decorating the house up, etc etc..
N of crse the traditions that goes with it... I adore these traditions..
To me, thats wat makes us as CHINESE as we are..
Forgoing these traditions would be in my point of view, slowly losin ur roots..

What traditions do we hve?? Well.. I guess my family is still fairly simple..
New clothes frm top to toe on Day One of CNY..
Changin into new PJs on the eve of CNY..
No washin of hair for the first day.. No using scissors n brooms.. n i forgot wat else..
Suppose to be vegetarian accordin to my maternal's grannie's first day BUT my paternal grannie's pig trotters each yr has made me broke that tradition since i last remembered..
Ok.. i tell u man.. I LOVE LOVE LOVE my paternal grannie's pig trotters...
Its the one dish i would travel miles to go n eat.. Thou i dun like goin to JB now.
hahahahahaa.... The glutton in me is ashamed...
Dressin up is always the best part of CNY... Seein each of us dressed up n lookin all nicely done up is nice.. Esp the feel of new clothes top to toe.. yeahhh....
Eatin 'the fish' supposed to bring good luck ( i forgot the name) for our meals with porridge n vegs n bbq pork..
N the best part.. playin musical houses aka visiting... Its a bit tiring..
BUT its really nice to visit pple n have pple visiting... hehehee....

One thing im so gonna miss is goin house visitin iwht my family this year...
Last CNY, cuz i knew i would not be ard for the nex CNY.. I enjoyed myself soooo much...
N it was the best CNY we ever had... I guess partly, my family seems to have gotten really really close in the past yr plus...

Oh, did i mention that when we 'bai nian' to my maternal grannie.. we would kneel?
sounds quite old-fashioned hor?
But honestly, its smth i would not not do.. To me, its an enormous form of respect for my grannie... N esp now... she is a bit 'blur' n cognitively no longer as active as before... I realise that, there may not be another 10yrs of me kneelin in front of her to offer her my well-wishes..
She is so blur now... she would give the wrong red packets out.. hahahaa....
At times, it feels sad... seein how much she has changed BUT im glad she is still ard with us for a while more... At least to see her great-grandchildren being born this year... 2 in fact.. hahaa...
Four generations of us.. That will be so lovely..

Oh.. another traditional which i kinda am breakin now...
My mom always wants us to be wearin GOLD... this is the one traditioin i dun really like la..
Then again, its GOLD.. HHAHAA... Raiding thru my mom's collection to see wat i can wear is still not too bad.. Thou im slowly switching to non-gold accessories.. More funky.. haha..

See? I love traditions... I love havin pple visit my house on CNY.. I love all these alot...
So hor... Thats why i say i will confirm marry chinese man one.. HAHAHAHA!!!
WAIT.. must specify.. it has to be Sporean.. the most Malaysian.. But malaysia i must take bus.. Thou Govt proposin to have bullet trains built.. But still.. quite troublesome la..
ahahaa.. okie.. this is super random of me.. hahaha..
Anywya... cut the crap short... As long as its not some cheena chinese man can already la..
Someone who respects n follows n sees the importance of these traditions in life.. Tht to me is impt... N that is smth not easy to find now... To me at least..

Time to spring clean my house.. N im sure my mom is busy with it n pickin up pace as time goes by.. I wont be ard this year to help her at all.. Which leaves only my younger sis...
hmmm.....That sotong....
*ESTEE NEO..Do not let mom climb too high to clean the windows.. her balancin skills r not as good as b4..U do it.Since im not ard now. Jst dun fall out of the window.. haha.. N be ard to give her ur opinion of her decorations.. She can be a bit off n too 'extra' at times.. Help to clean the toilet well too..*
okie.. i think im gonna get slammed by my sis ... hehehehee.....

Sigh... I shall maintain my CNY eve's tradition of wearin new PJs n undies to sleep of crse.. haha
Other than that, no other traditions for me to follow...
Maybe i shld get a new dress to wear on 1st day of CNY eh? hmmm..........
yea.. maybe i shld...

What i will really miss most of CNY..
Is the first day of visitin my maternal relatives..
They are n have been so much a part of my life...
My aunties n uncles.. cousins etc.. Esp the youngest two comical ones..


These 2 cheeky fellas below.. MinXuan & MinFang.. Too smart to be cheated.. ahaa...
Last CNY, i'd 'cheat' them to follow me to my house to paint their fingernails for them.. hahaa.. N they'd be tellin me their stories.. N they sure can talk ALOT. Like me eh?? hehehee..... But its enjoyable listenin to them yakk abt themselves..
The one on my left, looks ALOT like me when i was young.. She's like an exact replica of me since birth.. hmmm....That means she's gonna be an absolute beauty in future la.. HAHAHA!!
Its ironic that my cousin looks soooo like me BUT me n my sisters do not look alike watsoever..

Okie dokie... Time for dinner...

Working daily now... Hope i wont be exhausted by it. haha.. I honestly was quite pissed off today Cuz the guy was drivin me up the wall with his demands... N him being a perfectionist.. shoosshhh..... Honestly, i dunno where i have all these patience.. N can still smile n say 'its ok' when im abt to kick the wall.. boosshhh.... I M NOT NICE. I M A BITCH. I M NOT PATIENT. n I DO NOT LIKE BEING TOLERANT. IT SUCKS BIG TIME. I WANT TO BE NASTY n BAD TEMPERED.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home